Take it away - 0% Finance Scheme
Take it away is an Arts Council England initiative, designed to help more children and young people get involved in learning and playing music, by providing interest free loans of up to £2,000.
Through Take it away, UK residents between 18-25 or adults purchasing for a child under the age of 18 can spread the cost of buying a musical instrument with monthly repayments on interest-free credit (Representative 0% APR). The scheme is open to everyone from the complete beginner through to more advanced players and can be used more than once so is ideal for both student and intermediate/upgrade instruments.
The loan can be used on any instrument over £100 and can be used in contribution with a larger deposit towards more expensive professional instruments.
Families with several children can use the scheme for each child, either having one application to cover two student instruments, or under separate applications at different times running concurrently although it is normally advised to have 3-4 months between agreements.
- Visit us at Alan Gregory Music or call us and speak to our specialist staff to start finding the right instrument for you.
- Try out and select an instrument in store along with any accessories and sheet music.
- Once chosen, our staff will go through the application process and eligibility criteria with you in the shop.
- Once the application is submitted a decision is normally returned then and there. It is useful to bring some identification with you for yourself and the child if buying for an under 18 as well as your bank details and payment methods.
- After paying a minimum 10% deposit of the total loan amount the instrument is ready to go.
- Take the instrument away and the direct debit will be setup to take the remaining payments from your account over the agreed period.
Advantages of the scheme:
- Equal monthly payments allow you to spread the cost of the instrument, making the purchase more affordable while having access from day 1 to a high quality instrument.
- A 0% finiance scheme and no administrative or handling charges means the total amount you pay is exactly the same as the upfront cost in store for the instrument and any accessories.
- Professional setup and aftercare are available as usual from our expert staff and any
- Cases, sheet music, stands and other accessories can be included as part of the loan and can be organised when selecting the instrument.
- A minimum 10% deposit is taken at the point of sale but you can choose to increase the lump sum in order to reduce the total loan and future repayments.
- All instruments are included in the scheme and instruments above the loan limit can still be purchased with Take It Away providing the difference is taken alongside the minimum deposit.
- Applicants must be either over 18 years of age and buying an instrument for a child under the age of 18 or aged 18-25 years and applying in their own right
- Applicants must be a permanent UK resident
- Applicants must be working at least 16 hours per week
For more information please call us on 0161 445 4466 or Visit Us in Store.
Who runs Take it away?
Take it away is an Arts Council England initiative operated by Creative United. Omni Capital Retail Finance) is the credit provider for the loans.
Do I need to take proof of address or photo ID with me when applying for a Take it away loan in-store?
We encourage you to bring some proof of ID to assist with the application process, but if you are paying the 10% deposit by credit or debit card, you won't need additional ID. However, if you are paying the 10% deposit by cash or cheque, then you will need to provide 2 forms of ID. Acceptable proofs of ID are: Current UK driving licence (both card and counterfoil for new style licences); Valid Passport; Utility bill, credit card or bank statement dated within the last 3 months will be accepted as a second proof with one of the above. NB - Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.
Can I use the scheme if I am unemployed?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from people who are unemployed and in receipt of state benefits (apart from Disability Benefit).
Can I use the scheme if I am a student?
Students are eligible to apply, provided that they have a part-time job working at least 16 hours per week.
Can I use the scheme to buy instruments for other people?
Yes, you can use the scheme to buy instruments for other people (e.g. as a gift) if you are 18-25 years of age. If you are 26 or over, you must however be using the scheme to buy an instrument for a child under 18. Please note that that you will remain responsible for repaying the full loan amount to the bank and that the loan is not transferable to a third party.
Can I use the scheme if I live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?
Yes! Although run by Arts Council England, you can still use the Take it away scheme if you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, either by visiting a participating store in England or via mail order through our participating retailers.
Can I use Take it away when the value of the instrument I want to buy is more than £2,000?
Yes. The Take it away loan can be a part-payment towards an instrument that costs more than £2,000. You would have to arrange to pay the difference by other means (e.g. by paying a larger deposit). You cannot use multiple loans to cover the cost of one instrument costing more than £2,000.
Can I use Take it away to purchase a second-hand or reconditioned instrument?
Yes, please call us for our current second hand listings.
What happens if my application for a Take it away loan is declined?
If the application is declined staff will discuss the next steps with you in the shop.
Who do I contact regarding payments and direct debits?
Questions about existing plans should be directed to Omni Capital Retail Finance directly on 029 2046 8900 to do this. Alan Gregory Music & Musical Instruments is not involved with the finance agreement after the initial point of sale and cannot help with any enquiries of this nature.
When will my first payment be made?
This will normally be around 30 days from the date of your purchase, but you will receive a welcome letter from Omni Capital Retail Finance providing details of your repayment schedule.
Can I change my monthly payment due date?
Yes, this can be arranged once the first payment has been made from your account. Contact Omni Capital Retail Finance directly on 0333 240 8317 to do this.
Can I pay off the loan early? (i.e. before the 9 or 18 months have passed)
Yes, you can pay the balance of your Take it away loan early and there will be no penalty charge for this. Please call Omni Capital Retail Finance directly on 0333 240 8317 to arrange this.
Can I cancel my Take it away loan?
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw from the finance agreement, you must contact Omni Capital Retail Finance within 14 days of signing the agreement. You will need to arrange an alternative payment method for the instrument with Omni Capital Retail Finance within 30 days.
Can I use the scheme more than once?
Yes, there is no limit on the number of times that you can use the scheme. You can have different loans running concurrently, although you would need to pass a separate credit check for each new application. We would advise you to allow at least 3 months between loan applications in order to establish a repayment record with the bank.
How can I check how many more payments I need to make?
If you have any questions about your repayment schedule or any other queries with regards to your plan, please call Omni Capital Retail Finance on 0333 240 8317 between 8am-8pm Mon-Fri or 9am-6pm Sat-Sun. or email directly to email@example.com
Subject to status. Terms and conditions apply. Applicants must be over 18 and buying an instrument for a child under the age of 18, or 18-25 years of age and applying in their own right. Alan Gregory Music & Musical Instruments is a license credit broker of Take it away loans. Registered Address: Xenon House, 10 School Lane, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 6RD